Siepe is an innovative provider of financial data management and IT solutions dedicated to helping asset managers navigate the challenges of today’s investing landscape. With over 90 years of combined industry experience, our team has developed an intuitive, managed platform integrating institutional best-practices across technology, services, and operational processes.
Our mission is to deliver a single source of truth from which strategic, actionable insights can be harnessed to drive competitive advantage and business growth.
Michael founded Siepe in 2012 after spending 14+ years transforming IT organizations and implementing best practices in the hedge fund industry. He has amassed a solid understanding of portfolio management, operations, accounting and technology and has leveraged those skillsets to architect innovative and cost-effective solutions for complex projects such as security master, data warehouse, order management, execution management and partnership accounting systems. At Siepe, Michael has designed a leading, comprehensive front to back investment management platform and outsourced solutions offering utilized by top-tier financial institutions for their complex decision making and workflow support.
Prior to starting Siepe, Michael served as CTO for Carlson Capital, CTO and co-COO for Highland Capital Management, and database and web development lead for HBK Investments in Dallas, TX. He has represented funds in over 200 investor presentations and operational due diligence meetings given his strong understanding of the business and technical background. Michael holds an engineering degree from the University of Tulsa.
Chris has over 20 years of management, finance and accounting experience in a variety of industries. He is an accomplished finance professional with a strong record of driving strategies, initiatives, and processes that generate dynamic gains in financial performance and operational efficiencies. Prior to joining Siepe, Chris served as Vice President of Finance for CoreLogic, Inc., a $1.3 billion publicly traded provider of B2B data and analytics solutions. Chris was responsible for finance, strategic planning, budgeting, cash management and risk mitigation for a $600 million division.
Prior to CoreLogic, Chris was the Corporate Controller at Radiologix, Inc., a $250 million publicly traded healthcare provider. Chris managed the finance and accounting operations, with direct responsibility for SEC reporting, credit facilities, budgeting and Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Chris is a CPA and holds an accounting degree from the University of Tulsa.
Interested in joining the Siepe team?
- A life-long learner
- Interested in financial services
- A team player
- Well organized
If so, we are always looking for great people and would love to hear from you.
Siepe is a growing, Dallas, TX-based technology services firm that provides outsourced cloud IT services for private equity, hedge funds and financial services companies in North Texas, New York and California.
A Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. It is vital that this role is carried out in a professional, courteous and friendly manner as they will be working very closely with our clients, some of which are high-profile, so being the face of Siepe is a critical component of this role.
We are currently looking for customer service focused engineers to provide remote and onsite support to our clients. There is a heavy dependence on cloud based technologies with very little onsite technology; however, regular site visits are expected to maintain client relations.
We are a profitable startup and offer competitive compensation and benefits along with an opportunity to take ownership in a small team environment. (Please note, unfortunately at this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.)
- Work with our Head of Infrastructure on supporting our clients both as front-line helpdesk support, onsite client support and on implementation projects
- Install, configure and support local desktop applications in a Windows based environment
- Recommend and implement solutions that will help to propel Siepe’s reputation as a high-quality IT services provider in the financial services space
- Work closely with senior leadership on opportunities where technical expertise is required during the client sales and business development process
- Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
- Create AD users, groups and group policies with minimal guidance
- Ability to add workstations to domains and to manage file server shares and permissions
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (high-level understanding and working knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2 and Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 is required)
- Knowledge and experience with Office 365
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud experience (setup, configuration, design and support of cloud based workloads)
- Experience supporting and setting up Office 365 users, accounts, configurations
- Basic networking skills and infrastructure skills – eg configuration and support, firewall configuration and rule creation, troubleshooting of network route and connectivity issues, wireless access point setup
- Experience with Scripting – Batch files and PowerShell
- QuickBooks experience
- Bloomberg experience
- Software Deployment experience
- Cloud VOIP experience
- In-depth knowledge of supporting Excel and add-ins a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and challenge-seeker
As with all IT support positions, after-hours or weekend system maintenance will be required from time to time. With the wide range of work, the ability to prioritize and handle issues along with projects will be needed.
The position also involves supporting Siepe employees and systems at our corporate office in Dallas, TX.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone ready to gain invaluable experience on some of the most important cloud technologies in this space including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Skype for Business, Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti Unifi.